Chair of Statistics and Econometrics
Birgit Leimer, Ph. D.
Birgit Leimer completed her bachelor degree in economic theory at New York University. After working for three years, she returned to complete her master degree and her Ph.D. in the Graduate School of Economics, Finance and Management (GSEFM). In the second year of her studies, she started working as a research assistant at the Chair for Statistics and Econometrics. As of November 2019, she is working as a postdoctoral research at the Chair for Statistics and Econometrics.
- Microeconometrics (lecture and exercises)
- Exercises for Empirische Wirtschaftsforschung (Empirical Research)
- Supervision student tutors for Empirische Wirtschaftsforschung
- Supervision of bachelor and master theses
- Health Economics
- Applied Microeconometrics
- Interdisciplinary work (with medical / epidemiology faculty)
Leimer, B., Pradella, F., Fruth, A., Queißer, A. and van Ewijk, R., Ramadan Observance during Pregnancy in Germany: a Challenge for Prenatal Care. Geburtshilfe und Frauenheilkunde, 78(07), 684-689.
Leimer, Birgit (2017), No “Honeymoon Phase” – Whose health benefits from retirement and when, GSME Discussion Paper No. 1718, Mainz, Germany, submitted.